EMPTY MANGER CAROLING
Join us on "the Hill"
at Planned Parenthood, 8645 Connecticut Ave, Merrillville at the annual Christmas Caroling event.
This event takes place on Friday and Saturday, December 13 & 14th from 10:00 to 11:00 AM.
Where would we be if Mary decided not to give birth to our Savior? That is what the empty Manger represents.
Make sure to bundle up and know that you will feel warm inside forwhat you will be doing to witness.
This event is hosted by Mike Velasco and the Santa Maria Venegas Knights of Columbus Council and it is open to pro-life friends of all faiths!
HUMAN TRAFFICKING EVENT
January 10th at Knights of Columbus 1400 S. Board St., Griffith, Indiana 46319
Tell your friends so they too can learn more information about the very important and dangerous issues on:
- human trafficking
- suicide awareness and prevention
- how widespread it is in our area
- what we can do about it.
Tickets for the SHARE Group Banquet are available at the LCRTL office where you can RSVP and get your ticket, or go to Eventbrite.
For more information click here or call:219-525-4335,
SUICIDE AWARENESS AND PREVENTION
A Night of Hope and Healing
Suicide Awareness and Prevention Dinner Banquet
Featuring Michigan City's Own Renee Smith and Kizito Kalimo, Founder of the PEACE CENTER for FORGIVENESS and RECONCILIATION in Indianapolis.
Special Guest Speaker: Chaplain Lt. Colonel Antonio Daggett US ARMY
Thursday February 6th, 2020 6pm - Krueger Memorial Hall 801 Liberty Trail, Michigan City, IN 46360
Eventbrite/anightofhope or 219 525 4335
CHICAGO MARCH FOR LIFE
MERRILLVILLE MARCH FOR LIFE RALLY
March for Life Scholarships
Three scholarships for students interested in going to the March for Life in Washington D.C. are being offered to full time students between the 7th and 12th grades. The trip needs to be one organized by the school or Gary Diocese, including the trip offered by the Knights of Columbus.
The applicant needs to write a one page (type written) personal explanation of what the student understands about the March for Life Rally and why they would want to participate in going.
Mail the essay to LPCRTL, P.O. Box 9404, Michigan City, IN 46361-9404.
After the essays are received, the LPCRTL board will review and choose three students to be awarded with a $150 scholarship used for the expenses for the trip.
Also required is a follow up article expressing what the experience meant to them and what they learned.
If a student is compelled, they can be hosted to our banquet in the fall of 2020. This is not necessary or requir
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have, Sheryll Werner 219 861-9037 / email@example.com
LaPorte County Right to Life Goals 2019 – 2020
With your continued prayers and support we hope to:
- Continue partnership with Porter, Lake and Illiana Right to Life organizations to help support a new office in Merrillville to assist and support women & families interested in help lines in the community. In addition we offer families hope and counseling they need to carry their children into the world.
- Our partnership also aims to educate on human trafficking, social media safety, suicide awareness and all of dignity of life issues from conception to natural death in the Northwest Indiana region.
- Continue two life-saving, traveling billboards with messages that cover many life issues, as well as partnering with local groups like Safe Haven Baby Boxes, Women’s Care Center and Human Trafficking Hotlines.
- Continue our 12 month billboard located on Highway 2.
- Contract a new billboard for I-94 to advertise the new Safe Haven baby box on Franciscan Health’s new hospital off of Exit 34B. Awareness of the box location, leads to saving infant’s lives.
- Continue providing state and national news through emails, Facebook and our website, including legislative alerts about current pro-life news.
- Cooperate in National Rallies for the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, January 22nd, 2019. We are looking to discuss providing a bus for the growing local Chicago Rally for Life. This bus would leave from a local church and provide transportation to and from the rally, encouraging better local involvement and participation.
- Canvas and produce the voter guide for our county to be added to the state and national voter guide information to educate on candidate’s “life” views.
- Continue our important outreach to our community through the La Porte County Fairgrounds (and Baby Photo Contest) and through marching in the La Porte Jaycees Parade! Join Us!!
LaPorte County Right to Life is focused on meeting people where they are with charity and understanding. We are a Christian based group that tries to help people understand the deeper meaning of the dignity of life through our speakers, example and works. Meeting our neighbors through friendship, dialogue and witness we pray will change hearts to embrace the truth that every citizen, from conception to natural death deserves the American dream of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Safe Haven Baby Box Billboard
LPCRTL has made a commitment to Safe Haven Baby Box and is sponsoring a billboard per month get the word out.
Help us with a new goal! We would like to support a Safe Haven Baby Box Billboard on I 94 for people to see as they drive by our new hospital on the highway. The box would be so convenient to use if a person was in need. Help us fundraise for this important request!
From Our Facebook Page – Scroll for more
2019 LAPORTE COUNTY RIGHT TO LIFE
HERO FOR LIFE AWARD
Maria Pedulla has devoted her life toward education for the sake of bringing people closer to God. Raised by Irish-American parents and taught by predominantly Irish Catholic nuns and priests, she had a hunger for religious education that compelled her to return to school in her 40's, after raising her children, to earn a Bachelor's degree in Philosophy from Fordham University, Bronx, NY, in 1985. From there, she continued on, earning a Master's degree in Religious Education from St. Joseph's Seminary in Yonkers, NY a few years later. Throughout her life, she was involved in pro-life causes, from mother-baby bonding in La Leche League, which she founded in Westchester County, NY in the 1960's, to parish groups, crisis pregnancy centers, civil protests at abortion clinics, and many other similar activities. Since her move to Indiana in 2001, she has been involved in numerous parish ministries throughout the Diocese of Gary, working as a volunteer nearly daily for the good of others. Maria, whose husband Dr. Joseph Pedulla passed away in 2011, is the proud mother of 4, grandmother of 20, and great-grandmother of 8.
The LaPorte County Right to Life is honored to recognize Maria with our Hero for Life Award. This award is given to persons who have lived and taught that each individual is an unrepeatable gift from God from conception to natural death. Our sincere thanks go out to you Maria for your tireless self giving to those in our community!
La Porte County Right to Life Heroes for Life
2019 Mrs. Maria Pedulla, Life Advocate Extraordinaire
2018 Monica Kelsey, Founder Safe Haven Baby Box
2016 Fr. Theodore Mens, Pro-life Director, Diocese of Gary
2015 Kathy Ratkiewicz, Michiana Down Syndrome
2013 Janice Edquist, Hospice Nurse extraordinary care!
2012 Dianne Carpenter, Life Volunteer!
2010 Ed Merrion, Life Defender, Catholic Charities,
2009 Mary Margaret Hathoot, Memorial, Audiologist