LaPorte County Right to Life Goals 2019 – 2020
With your continued prayers and support we hope to:
- Continue partnership with Porter, Lake and Illiana Right to Life organizations to help support a new office in Merrillville to assist and support women & families interested in help lines in the community. In addition we offer families hope and counseling they need to carry their children into the world.
- Our partnership also aims to educate on human trafficking, social media safety, suicide awareness and all of dignity of life issues from conception to natural death in the Northwest Indiana region.
- Continue two life-saving, traveling billboards with messages that cover many life issues, as well as partnering with local groups like Safe Haven Baby Boxes, Women’s Care Center and Human Trafficking Hotlines.
- Continue our 12 month billboard located on Highway 2.
- Contract a new billboard for I-94 to advertise the new Safe Haven baby box on Franciscan Health’s new hospital off of Exit 34B. Awareness of the box location, leads to saving infant’s lives.
- Continue providing state and national news through emails, Facebook and our website, including legislative alerts about current pro-life news.
- Cooperate in National Rallies for the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, January 22nd, 2019. We are looking to discuss providing a bus for the growing local Chicago Rally for Life. This bus would leave from a local church and provide transportation to and from the rally, encouraging better local involvement and participation.
- Canvas and produce the voter guide for our county to be added to the state and national voter guide information to educate on candidate’s “life” views.
- Continue our important outreach to our community through the La Porte County Fairgrounds (and Baby Photo Contest) and through marching in the La Porte Jaycees Parade! Join Us!!
LaPorte County Right to Life is focused on meeting people where they are with charity and understanding. We are a Christian based group that tries to help people understand the deeper meaning of the dignity of life through our speakers, example and works. Meeting our neighbors through friendship, dialogue and witness we pray will change hearts to embrace the truth that every citizen, from conception to natural death deserves the American dream of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
LPCRTL Mission Statement:
LaPorte County Right to Life is a non-profit organization that exists to help people understand that all human life is precious, from conception to natural death.
LPCRTL aspires to work to educate the public about abortion and other sanctity of life issues through a variety of means including: presentation videos, billboards and special events. In response to the issue of abortion, LPCRTL is concerned about the unborn baby and the welfare of the mother and father, both before and after the birth of the baby.
Non-Sectarian: Persons of all faiths and denominations are welcome to join.
Non-Partisan: In spite of many who attempt to label the Right to Life movement as an arm of one political party, Right to Life works with all political candidates who are pro-life.
Single Issue: Insisting on legal protection for innocent human life as relates to abortion, infanticide, and euthanasia.
OPEN – to all people who value life from conception to natural death and are committed to supporting it, including all political candidates who are pro-life and desire to provide legal protection for innocent human life as it relates to abortion, infanticide, and euthanasia.
2019 Board Members