ORATORY CONTEST 2022
Statement of Purpose
The Indiana Right to Life Oratory Contest strives to promote the ability of high school juniors and seniors to share their pro-life view with others. Although speaking ability is important, this contest also seeks to help teens organize and express their pro-life views. We also strive to give the contestants an opportunity to meet other pro-life teens.
ORATORY CONTEST DETAILS:
- Students should research, write and prepare a 5-7 minute speech on a pro-life topic.
- The competition is for 11th and 12th graders.
- There are monetary awards for first ($300), second ($200) and third ($150) place winners.
- The winner will advance to the state competition in May. All expenses will be paid by LPCRTL.
- The state awards for winners as well.
- Mentoring and help from our board members is offered.
- This is an in person competition this year, on the state level. LPCRTL will accept a videotape speech entrance.
- High school juniors and seniors in that grade February 1, 2022 are eligible to compete.
- In the case of advanced students, non-traditional students, or home-schooled students, the school must recognize the student as a junior or senior or the year the student will enter college will be used to determine eligibility.
- If a younger student would like to enter for the experience, we allow 7th through 10th graders to enter for an award from LaPorte County of the following: first ($150), Second ($100) and Third($75) place.
STATE COMPETITION DETAILS:
The 2022 State Oratory Contest Date has been scheduled.
The 2022 contest will be Saturday, May 14 and will be in-person.
The contest will begin at 10:00 am EST (check in will begin at 9:00 am).
It will once again be at Cathedral High School in Indianapolis. Several files related to the contest are attached (including the judges ballot that will be used for the state contest). Please let me know if you have trouble opening any of the files or have questions.
The deadline for a student to register for the State Oratory Contest will be Monday, April 27, 2022.
Due to planning and preparation issues for the contest, there will be absolutely no registrations taken after April 27 unless we have been notified ahead of time that your affiliate contest has to be held after the registration deadline date.